[Openstack] [keystone] Need some bug squishing assistance please…

Joseph Heck heckj at mac.com
Tue Mar 13 19:08:58 UTC 2012

I'm just going to beat Thierry to the punch here - we need some assistance squishing some bugs in Keystone. Keystone's behind in getting things closed out for the RC1 cut (https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/essex-rc1).

We've had a few new bugs crop up over the past day or two, and we need some folks to jump on that and nail them down:

My general philosophy is that there should be "no tracebacks instead of errors" in a release, so I've kicked these up to critical and tagged against the RC1 release.

UNASSIGNED BUGS:

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/954089 (service-list returns empty set for TemplatedCatalog backend)
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/954087 (endpoint-list with TemplatedCatalog backend raises AttributeError)

Both of these are related, and should be providing a reasonable error message instead of the traceback when invoking the commands.

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/952977 (Can't fetch EC2 credentials)

Which looks to be related to data setup and some inconsistencies in an unscoped token. Like the ones above, it needs to be returning a reasonable error not a traceback in the server.

The other bugs are all under active work with reviews, or have someone assigned to tackle them.

DOCS:

Additionally, I'd like to ask anyone who's running under latest RHEL/Fedora and/or Debian/Ubuntu systems to try the packages and see if there's any explicit notes that we should be making related to installing Keystone. I haven't tried the Precise bits on Ubuntu myself, but with the other OpenStack projects we'd really like to get the installation docs referencing some of the downstream distributions.