[Openstack] Gerrit minimum review time frame

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Tue Mar 13 10:07:07 UTC 2012

2012/3/13 Jesse Andrews <anotherjesse at gmail.com>:
> Maybe it is just me, but most reviews seem to take hours to days to
> complete.  I'm been sitting here waiting for a one line change to get
> a second "+2 / approved" so I can redeploy our test cluster for the
> last 2 hours.

Can we keep this discussion separate, please? I acknowledge it can be
difficult getting stuff approved (or even reviewed), but that's a
separate (yet just at real) problem.

> Do we need a "time-gate" or can you use a feed-reader and
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/commits/master.atom to read patches
> were approved while one is away/sleeping/time off?

We have the review process so that people get a chance to disagree
before changes land. Otherwise, we could just let nova-core commit
directly to trunk and deal with problems after the fact.

> Delaying by 2 hours on a weekday at noon vs 2am saturday night?
> Would we then start debating how best to gate at different times based
> on when people are available?

It's always going to be noon or 2 am somewhere. I don't think we need
different delays for different times. I could easily be pursuaded to the
delay being way longer than 2 hours, though :)

--
Soren Hansen             | http://linux2go.dk/
Senior Software Engineer | http://www.cisco.com/