[Openstack] Gerrit minimum review time frame

Jesse Andrews anotherjesse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 07:12:34 UTC 2012

Maybe it is just me, but most reviews seem to take hours to days to
complete.  I'm been sitting here waiting for a one line change to get
a second "+2 / approved" so I can redeploy our test cluster for the
last 2 hours.

When lots of people are active, reviews can be approved in quickly -
especially when people reach out to others who are familiar with the
code in question.

Do we need a "time-gate" or can you use a feed-reader and
https://github.com/openstack/nova/commits/master.atom to read patches
were approved while one is away/sleeping/time off?  (opening bugs or
asking questions in IRC is always acceptable regardless of how long
the review took)

Delaying by 2 hours on a weekday at noon vs 2am saturday night?
Would we then start debating how best to gate at different times based
on when people are available?

That said if the complexity added is minimal I don't think it would
hurt - it is another thing that our (small) CI team has to do.

Jesse