[Openstack] Essex-4 milestone available for Keystone, Glance, Nova and Horizon

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:42:02 UTC 2012

> On 03/02/2012 11:18 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Swift does not follow the common milestones. The latest release is
>> 1.4.6, and tha last release available will be included in OpenStack
>> 2012.1 common release.
>
> We'll this be fixed in the future?

You mean syncing swift with O-S milestones ?
Well, I'm not sure it needs to be "fixed".

Reason: Swift is useful without other components.
(Assuming stable API and conservative release cycle.)

Wikipedia chooses OpenStack Swift:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/02/09/scaling-media-storage-at-wikimedia-with-swift/

... but I definitely believe, that O-S-manuals need milestone
releases, to be tested together with the bunch.
(currently parts of the docs do not match the software. At least Nova-docs)
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"