[Openstack] storage backend for nova

udit agarwal fzdudit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:48:34 UTC 2012

Hi,
 I have set up Openstack in my lab with everything except storage nodes on
one system and two other systems with each of them acting themselves as a
storage node. I have used swift as the backend for glance so all the
uploaded images are stored on these storage nodes. But when I run a virtual
machine using nova, it reads the image from the storage nodes and it seems
to me that it uses the local filesystem for storing instances and after I
shutoff my virtual machine, it writes back to the storage nodes. But the
thing that I want to implement is that if I copy some file from my local
system to that virtual machine, it should automatically get stored on my
storage nodes rather than occupying space on my local filesystem.

 Can anybody help me with this??
 Thanks in advance.

--Udit Agarwal