[Openstack] running HA cluster of guests within openstack

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Wed Jun 27 22:50:50 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 12:53 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 04/13/2012 10:31 AM, ikke wrote:
>> I likely am not the first one to ask this, but since I didn't find a
>> thread about it I start one.
>>
>> Is there any shared experience available what are the capabilities of
>> OpenStack to run cluster of guests in the cloud? Do you have
>> experience of the following questions, or links to more info? The
>> questions relate to running a legacy HA cluster in virtual env, and
>> moving it into cloud...
>
> I'll just point out two early stage projects
> that used in combination can provide a HA solution.
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Heat
> http://wiki.openstack.org/ResourceMonitorAlertsandNotifications
>
> These are similar to AWS CloudFormations and CloudWatch respectively.

I notice Heat V4 has just been released.

Here is some additional info on High Availability:
https://github.com/heat-api/heat/wiki/Roadmap-Feature:-High-Availability

and some notes on using it in its current form:
https://github.com/heat-api/heat/wiki/Using-HA

cheers,
Pádraig.