[Openstack] glance access error from remote client

Xin Zhao xzhao at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 27 19:40:32 UTC 2012

Hi Jay,

I thought about that, and changed the client environment variables to
use the FQDN of the controller, I even restarted glance/swift services
with the controller FQDN in the config files (127.0.0.1/localhost are
the original values). I compared the OS_XXX env between the controller
node and remote client, they are the same.

What's interesting is that, even if I give a wrong hostname or port
number in the command "glance index --host=XXX --port=XXX", it still
works if run on the controller node.
And, strace shows, from the remote client node, that 127.0.0.1:9292 is
connected instead of the hostname:9292 specified in the command line.

So how can I make sure the client does talk to THE hostname, instead of
127.0.0.1 ?

Thanks,
Xin