[Openstack] XCP with DevStack

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Fri Jun 22 14:21:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I developed those changes with Ubuntu 12.04, so it should be OK.

I think that error means you don't have anything set in HOST_IP (i.e. IP address of the XenServer) at the point in install_os_domU.sh:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/install_os_domU.sh#L257

The HOST_IP should have been setup by this (or whatever is in your localrc file):
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/install_os_domU.sh#L168

Have you got the networking working correctly on your XenServer on Ubuntu?
Ifconfig should list xenbr0 having an appropriate IP address.

Hope that helps,
John