[Openstack] XCP with DevStack

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Fri Jun 1 12:18:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I assume you are using xcp-xapi in Ubuntu. First of all, is it all running correctly (i.e. xe vm-list is returning correctly):
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Using_XCP_-_preparing_the_toolstack

It turns out the current DevStack will not work with this, but I have pushed some changes to support it:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7673/

The networking configuration can be a little confusing, there is an overview on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer/NetworkingFlags

The DevStack flags are there to configure each of the VIFs on the DomU, the defaults can be seen here:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/xenrc

If things are still un clear, do ask some more questions.
I have plans to document this exact setup in some detail in the near future.
Feel free to add to these docs on the wiki.

Thanks,
John