[Openstack] ssh not authenticating

Alexey Ababilov aababilov at griddynamics.com
Thu Jun 21 12:48:31 UTC 2012

Hi!
That's possible that filesystem of your VM was not cleanly unmounted during
update of /etc/shadow and authorized_keys. It may remain in its original
state, so, your ssh key is not stored.
Please check this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1013689
Could you quote your nova-compute.log, please?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM, udit agarwal <fzdudit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mandar,
>   Thanks for your reply. But I am still stuck in the problem. I tried with
> cirros but with no luck. And for the next one, the system still asks me for
> password, but it was supposed to be password-less. Can anybody help me with
> this??
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
> --Udit
>

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Vaze, Mandar <Mandar.Vaze at nttdata.com>wrote:
>
>> Default password for cirros is "cubswin:)" - including the smiley
>> I hope you entered correct password (It is easy to ignore the last two
>> characters thinking it is a smiley)
>>
>> Other options is to use password less ssh login using keypair.
>> See
>> http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/starter/content/Launch_and_manage_instances-d1e1885.html
>>
>> -Mandar

Alessio Ababilov