[Openstack] Translation and Internationalization in OpenStack

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Jun 20 08:54:18 UTC 2012

Hi, Gabriel

Are there any progress or updates with the translation management tools?

I tried to slice the manuals into pieces and uploaded the templates to
Transifex.
I also tried to enable Transifex in the Git repository. All things run
well.
I will vote for Transifex now.

You can try my current effort here:
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/openstack-manuals-i18n/resources/

and welcome for suggestions.

Regards
Daisy

openstack-bounces+guoyingc=cn.ibm.com at lists.launchpad.net wrote on
05/09/2012 06:15:59 AM:

> Gabriel Hurley <Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com>
> Sent by: openstack-bounces+guoyingc=cn.ibm.com at lists.launchpad.net
>
> 05/09/2012 06:15 AM

> Ryan Lane <rlane at wikimedia.org>,
>
> cc
>
> "openstack at lists.launchpad.net" <openstack at lists.launchpad.net>
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [Openstack] Translation and Internationalization in OpenStack
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks for pointing me to TranslateWiki. I'm more than happy to add
> more tools to the comparison matrix to make sure we make the best choice!
>
> I've updated the matrix:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqevw3Q-
> ErDUdFgzT3VNVXQxd095bFgzODRmajJDeVE
>
> At a glance TranslateWiki falls somewhere in the middle, with my
> biggest concern being the recommended method for re-integrating the
> translation files into the origin repositories. Other issues stood
> out as well, but that one was the biggest.
>
> As a reminder, the features listed there are not of equal weight, so
> having more "red" doesn't necessarily rule any solution out if it's
> "green" in critical areas another is lacking. If you think I've
> misjudged anything, feel free to let me know.
>
> All the best,
>
>     - Gabriel

Transifex,
> > particularly given that we as a community have to do almost no work to
> > maintain it, it's the only tool that supports OpenStack as a
> "project hub" with
> > shared teams and management, and it offers us a strong crowdsourced
> > translation community.
> > >

> > You should also consider translatewiki (translatewiki.org). It's used
for a
> > number of very large projects (MediaWiki and extensions used on
Wikimedia