[Openstack] [Swift] Where's Object's metadata located ?

Juan J. Martinez juan at memset.com
Mon Jun 18 12:31:28 UTC 2012

On 18/06/12 11:57, Kuo Hugo wrote:
> Hi Adrian ,
>
> Thanks for your explanation ...
>
> About Q2 , manifest question
> Is there any audit mechanism to delete segments of failure uploading object?
> What if the uploading procedure is been interrupted by user .
> As you said , I think the segments still available for accessing .
> On the other hand , it means that those segmented objects will keep on
> disk in object-server , even though the uploading failure is caused by
> user him self.

Those segments are regular files.

The big file support it's just uploading the big file split in parts
smaller than 5GB + a manifest file that points to the place of the parts.

The user can both access to the parts (that are regular files) and to
the manifest, that basically re-assembles the parts automatically on the
fly.

Kind regards,

Juan