[Openstack] HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found error in swift

udit agarwal fzdudit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:04:44 UTC 2012

Hi,
  I am setting up openstack in my lab. I followed the manual
http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/ for
installing & configuring it. I have already setup keystone, glance and
swift all well on my system. But I am having problems in setting up swift.
The command  "swift -V 2.0 -A http://192.168.20.7:5000/v2.0 -U
openstackDemo:adminUser -K 1234qwer stat"   worked fine. But when I
executed the command "curl -k -v -H 'X-Storage-User:
openstackDemo:adminUser' -H 'X-Storage-Pass: 1234qwer'
http://192.168.20.7:5000/auth/v1.0", I got the following output:

* About to connect() to 192.168.20.7 port 5000 (#0)
*   Trying 192.168.20.7...
* connected
* Connected to 192.168.20.7 (192.168.20.7) port 5000 (#0)
> GET /auth/v1.0 HTTP/1.1

< HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
< Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:04:57 GMT
<
 <head>
  <title>404 Not Found</title>
 </head>
  <h1>404 Not Found</h1>
  The resource could not be found.<br /><br />

* Connection #0 to host 192.168.20.7 left intact
* Closing connection #0

My proxy-server.conf file is as follows:

[DEFAULT]
# bind_ip = 0.0.0.0
bind_port = 8888
# backlog = 4096
# swift_dir = /etc/swift
#workers = 8
user = swift
#cert_file = /etc/swift/cert.crt
#key_file = /etc/swift/cert.key
# expiring_objects_container_divisor = 86400
# You can specify default log routing here if you want:
# log_name = swift
# log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# log_level = INFO

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = catch_errors healthcheck cache authtoken keystone proxy-server

[app:proxy-server]
use = egg:swift#proxy
# You can override the default log routing for this app here:
# set log_name = proxy-server
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set access_log_name = proxy-server
# set access_log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set access_log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# recheck_account_existence = 60
# recheck_container_existence = 60
# object_chunk_size = 8192
# client_chunk_size = 8192
# node_timeout = 10
# client_timeout = 60
# conn_timeout = 0.5
# How long without an error before a node's error count is reset. This will
# also be how long before a node is reenabled after suppression is
triggered.
# error_suppression_interval = 60
# How many errors can accumulate before a node is temporarily ignored.
# error_suppression_limit = 10
# If set to 'true' any authorized user may create and delete accounts; if
# 'false' no one, even authorized, can.
#allow_account_management = true
# Set object_post_as_copy = false to turn on fast posts where only the
metadata
# changes are stored anew and the original data file is kept in place. This
# makes for quicker posts; but since the container metadata isn't updated in
# this mode, features like container sync won't be able to sync posts.
# object_post_as_copy = true
# If set to 'true' authorized accounts that do not yet exist within the
Swift
# cluster will be automatically created.
account_autocreate = true
# If set to a positive value, trying to create a container when the account
# already has at least this maximum containers will result in a 403
Forbidden.
# Note: This is a soft limit, meaning a user might exceed the cap for
# recheck_account_existence before the 403s kick in.
# max_containers_per_account = 0
# This is a comma separated list of account hashes that ignore the
# max_containers_per_account cap.
# max_containers_whitelist =

# [filter:tempauth]
# use = egg:swift#tempauth
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = tempauth
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# The reseller prefix will verify a token begins with this prefix before
even
# attempting to validate it. Also, with authorization, only Swift storage
# accounts with this prefix will be authorized by this middleware. Useful if
# multiple auth systems are in use for one Swift cluster.
# reseller_prefix = AUTH
# The auth prefix will cause requests beginning with this prefix to be
routed
# to the auth subsystem, for granting tokens, etc.
# auth_prefix = /auth/
# token_life = 86400
# This is a comma separated list of hosts allowed to send
X-Container-Sync-Key
# requests.
# allowed_sync_hosts = 127.0.0.1
# This allows middleware higher in the WSGI pipeline to override auth
# processing, useful for middleware such as tempurl and formpost. If you
know
# you're not going to use such middleware and you want a bit of extra
security,
# you can set this to false.
# allow_overrides = true
# Lastly, you need to list all the accounts/users you want here. The format
is:
# There are special groups of:
#   .reseller_admin = can do anything to any account for this auth
#   .admin = can do anything within the account
# If neither of these groups are specified, the user can only access
containers
# that have been explicitly allowed for them by a .admin or .reseller_admin.
# The trailing optional storage_url allows you to specify an alternate url
# hand back to the user upon authentication. If not specified, this
defaults to
# http[s]://<ip>:<port>/v1/<reseller_prefix>_<account> where http or https
# depends on whether cert_file is specified in the [DEFAULT] section, <ip>
and
# <port> are based on the [DEFAULT] section's bind_ip and bind_port (falling
# back to 127.0.0.1 and 8080), <reseller_prefix> is from this section, and
# Here are example entries, required for running the tests:
# user_admin_admin = admin .admin .reseller_admin
https://192.168.20.7:8080/v1/AUTH_admin
# user_test_tester = testing .admin https://192.168.20.7:8080/v1/AUTH_test
# user_test2_tester2 = testing2 .admin
# user_test_tester3 = testing3

# [filter:swauth]
#use = egg:swauth#swauth
#super_admin_key = 1234qwer
#default_swift_cluster = local#https://192.168.20.7:8080/v1

[filter:keystone]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.swift_auth:filter_factory
operator_roles = admin, swiftoperator
#default_swift_cluster = local#http://192.168.20.7:5000/v1

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
delay_auth_decision = 10
service_port = 5000
service_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_port = 35357
auth_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_token = ADMIN
admin_token = ADMIN
#default_swift_cluster = local#http://192.168.20.7:5000/v1
auth_protocol = http

[filter:healthcheck]
use = egg:swift#healthcheck
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = healthcheck
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False

[filter:cache]
use = egg:swift#memcache
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
set log_name = cache
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# Default for memcache_servers is to try to read the property from
# memcache.conf (see memcache.conf-sample) or lacking that file, it will
# default to the value below. You can specify multiple servers separated
with
# commas, as in: 10.1.2.3:11211,10.1.2.4:11211
#memcache_servers = 192.168.20.7:11211

# [filter:ratelimit]
# use = egg:swift#ratelimit
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = ratelimit
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# clock_accuracy should represent how accurate the proxy servers' system
clocks
# are with each other. 1000 means that all the proxies' clock are accurate
# each other within 1 millisecond.  No ratelimit should be higher than the
# clock accuracy.
# clock_accuracy = 1000
# max_sleep_time_seconds = 60
# log_sleep_time_seconds of 0 means disabled
# log_sleep_time_seconds = 0
# allows for slow rates (e.g. running up to 5 sec's behind) to catch up.
# rate_buffer_seconds = 5
# account_ratelimit of 0 means disabled
# account_ratelimit = 0

# these are comma separated lists of account names
# account_whitelist = a,b
# account_blacklist = c,d

# with container_limit_x = r
# for containers of size x limit requests per second to r.  The container
# rate will be linearly interpolated from the values given. With the values
# below, a container of size 5 will get a rate of 75.
# container_ratelimit_0 = 100
# container_ratelimit_10 = 50
# container_ratelimit_50 = 20

# [filter:domain_remap]
# use = egg:swift#domain_remap
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = domain_remap
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# storage_domain = example.com
# path_root = v1
# reseller_prefixes = AUTH

[filter:catch_errors]
use = egg:swift#catch_errors
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = catch_errors
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False

# [filter:cname_lookup]
# Note: this middleware requires python-dnspython
# use = egg:swift#cname_lookup
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = cname_lookup
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False
# storage_domain = example.com
# lookup_depth = 1

# Note: Put staticweb just after your auth filter(s) in the pipeline
# [filter:staticweb]
# use = egg:swift#staticweb
# Seconds to cache container x-container-meta-web-* header values.
# cache_timeout = 300
# You can override the default log routing for this filter here:
# set log_name = staticweb
# set log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set log_level = INFO
# set access_log_name = staticweb
# set access_log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
# set access_log_level = INFO
# set log_headers = False

# Note: Put tempurl just before your auth filter(s) in the pipeline
# [filter:tempurl]
# use = egg:swift#tempurl
#
# The headers to remove from incoming requests. Simply a whitespace
delimited
# list of header names and names can optionally end with '*' to indicate a
# prefix match. incoming_allow_headers is a list of exceptions to these
# removals.
# incoming_remove_headers = x-timestamp
#
# The headers allowed as exceptions to incoming_remove_headers. Simply a
# whitespace delimited list of header names and names can optionally end
with
# '*' to indicate a prefix match.
# incoming_allow_headers =
#
# The headers to remove from outgoing responses. Simply a whitespace
delimited
# list of header names and names can optionally end with '*' to indicate a
# prefix match. outgoing_allow_headers is a list of exceptions to these
# removals.
# outgoing_remove_headers = x-object-meta-*
#
# The headers allowed as exceptions to outgoing_remove_headers. Simply a
# whitespace delimited list of header names and names can optionally end
with
# '*' to indicate a prefix match.
# outgoing_allow_headers = x-object-meta-public-*

# Note: Put formpost just before your auth filter(s) in the pipeline
# [filter:formpost]
# use = egg:swift#formpost

# Note: Just needs to be placed before the proxy-server in the pipeline.
# [filter:name_check]
# use = egg:swift#name_check
# forbidden_chars = '"`<>
# maximum_length = 255