[Openstack] [Swift] Where's Object's metadata located ?

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:53:08 UTC 2012

Hi folks ,

Q1:
Where's the metadata of an object ?
For example the "X-Object-Manifest". Does it store in inode ?
I did not see the matadata "X-Object=Manifest" in container's DB.

 Could I find the value?

Q2:
What if a large object be interrupted during upload , will the manifest
objects be deleted?
For example ,
OBJ1 :200MB
I execute $>swift upload con1 OBJ1 -S 1024000
I do a force interrupt while send segment 10.

I believe that OBJ1 won't live in con1 , what will happen to the rest
manifest objects?

Those objects seems still live in con1_segments container. Is there any
mechanism to audit OBJ1 and delete those manifest objects ?

--
+Hugo Kuo+
tonytkdk at gmail.com
+ <tonytkdk at gmail.com>886 935004793