[Openstack] glance_api_servers vs. glance_host vs. keystone?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 15 20:47:21 UTC 2012

> I'm used to using rabbit, but I did notice you didn't include a
> nova-scheduler in your list above...

There is a nova-scheduler service running on the controller:

Binary           Host                                 Zone             Status     State Updated_At
nova-cert        os-controller.int.seas.harvard.edu   nova             enabled    :-)   2012-06-15 20:41:44
nova-scheduler   os-controller.int.seas.harvard.edu   nova             enabled    :-)   2012-06-15 20:41:45
nova-volume      os-controller.int.seas.harvard.edu   nova             enabled    :-)   2012-06-15 20:41:47
nova-compute     os-host.int.seas.harvard.edu         nova             enabled    :-)   2012-06-15 20:41:46

That was just me accidentally omitting it from the list.

> can't find an endpoint for qpidŠpossibly related?  Again, I know nothing
> about qpid, but is there some way to see if the message is landing hitting
> qpid and getting stuck there?

I don't really know anything about AMQ or how OpenStack utilizes the
message broker.  Are there any commands I can run that would exercise
the message broker and confirm whether or not it is working correctly?

> One final piece of info that would be interesting to know is the vm_state
> and task_state from the db for the instances stuck in build.  That would
> let us know just how far the instance got in the building process.  My
> guess is that it is stuck in "scheduling".

Well, scheduling and/or deleting, due to my failed attempt to delete
some of these instances:

mysql> select id,hostname,vm_state,task_state from instances;
+----+----------+----------+------------+
| id | hostname | vm_state | task_state |
|  1 | lars0    | building | deleting   |
|  2 | lars1    | building | scheduling |
|  3 | lars0    | building | deleting   |
|  4 | lars2    | building | scheduling |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>       |
Senior Technologist                                | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/