[Openstack] ZFS/ZVol + iscsi for volume

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:57:57 UTC 2012

We're definitely interested in this sort of thing. So much so that
we've already hacked support into nova-volume to run directly on top
of an illumos box with zfs. ;)

We've only gotten the basics working, and we haven't done any serious
torture testing of it yet. Our real goal is to get things working
properly using iSER. We tried it on Stuart Stent's recommendation
after the summit and it performs considerably better than stock iscsi
over infiniband.

Our eventual plan is to get the code ready for upstream merge, but it
isn't nearly ready for that yet.

Ping me offline and I can send you the code, if you're interested.
(this is very much a caveat emptor thing at the moment; we're not done
any hardening work yet)
 -nld