[Openstack] Invoking Nova commands remotely

Thomas, Duncan duncan.thomas at hp.com
Fri Jun 8 10:10:24 UTC 2012

"nova list" and other "nova *" commands work by making http (or https) connections to your api node. Any node that has network access to it can make calls just fine as long as you've got the right environment variables set, which include: NOVA_URL, NOVA_PROJECT_ID, NOVA_USERNAME etc.

"nova-manage" is a bit more deeply imbedded into the nova internal architecture. Setting up a novarc with ampq details and database connection details will probably allow it to work, but I wouldn't be surprised ifyou ran into some weird behavior...

--
Duncan Thomas
HP Cloud Services, Galway