[Openstack] File injection support

Fredric Morenius fredric.morenius at ericsson.com
Fri Jun 8 08:20:03 UTC 2012

Hello All,

An update on the use of the qemu-nbd/kpartx based solution to inject files into VM images:

After some more testing it has turned out that injection into the UEC version of CirrOS (this: https://launchpad.net/cirros/trunk/0.3.0/+download/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-uec.tar.gz) works fine, but injection into the qcow2 version of the image produces the error given in the previous mail, so there seems to be robustness problems with these tools.

BR Fredric