[Openstack] new version of gerrit - with new features!

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 8 08:22:26 UTC 2012

Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
>> David Shrewsbury wrote a long-requested feature: a Work In Progress
>> state. Changes will now have a Work In Progress button on them that can
>
> So the difference between WIP and Draft is one is public and the other
> is not, right?

That's my understanding. I agree that the naming is quite confusing...
Renaming "Drafts" to "Private" would probably be a more accurate
description.

>> Also - we have an open question - which is, if the pre-approval check
>> jobs fail in Jenkins, should the patch be automatically marked Work In
>> Progress. We're not going to do that right out of the gate, but would
>> love feedback on what people think.
>
> I think that a reasonable assumption to say that if the commit didn't
> pass the tests there is still work to do in there and be marked as
> such.

In an ideal world yes... But with the amount of false negatives we have
in jenkins tests, having test failures drop below the radar line might
not be the best idea (yet).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack