[Openstack] Question on nova disk injection...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 7 07:58:50 UTC 2012

Eric Windisch wrote:
>> What implementation suboption would have your preference ? Is
>> nova-rootwrap now universally used ? Should we prefer compatibility or
>> absence of confusion ?
>
> There is an issue of how to extend rootwrap from third-party backend
> drivers. If this was (is?) addressed, universal use of rootwrap will be
> an easier sell.

Step 1 on the blueprint[1] is about moving allowed commands (filter
definitions) from python code to configuration files in a rootwrap.d
directory. This makes plugging new commands (to accommodate plugin
needs) possible. Work in progress is in a branch on github[2].

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/folsom-nova-rootwrap
[2] https://github.com/ttx/nova/tree/bp/folsom-nova-rootwrap

Cheers,

--