[Openstack] Question on nova disk injection...

Yun Mao yunmao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 01:18:32 UTC 2012

Python is a scripting language. To get setuid work, you usually have
to give the setuid permission to /usr/bin/python which is a big no no.

One work around is to have a customized compiled program (e.g. from
C), which takes a python file as input, do all kinds of sanity check,
and switch to root user to execute Python. But in that case it's not
that much more appealing from the rootwrap.

my 2c.
Yun