[Openstack] [Metering] Agent configuration mechanism

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Jun 6 16:59:29 UTC 2012

With the Chef and Puppet configurators, I think we cover a large share of the community. I’d suggest that once the formats of the configuration files are settled, we get the associated supporters in Chef-land and Puppet-land to add these to their recipes along with the other folsom changes….

Doing something in one component of OpenStack to perform configuration management would actually make our job more difficult as we’ve got the infrastructure with the puppetlabs recipes to deploy and having one configuration management system fighting another is likely to cause more difficulties than it solves.

Document the configuration file formats etc. clearly and as consistently as possible with other openstack components but leave the actual configuration to the dedicated devops tools.

Tim