[Openstack] [metering] Changes to the ceilometer Jenkins job

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jun 5 15:17:34 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 05:24 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Tue, May 29 2012, Julien Danjou wrote:
>
>> We noticed that currently, on Stackforge, the ceilometer project has
>> only one Jenkins job, checking that the merge occurs correctly.
>>
>> We'd like to add jobs to run unit tests, pep8, etc… I took a look at the
>> openstack-ci-puppet repo, but I'm not sure of the changes, so I prefer
>> to ask here for someone that understand this to help.
>> From what I see, it's likely we would like to use the default
>> "python_jobs" template.
>
> Is there a way to add more checks without touching the
> openstack-ci-puppet repository?

Nope. BUT - you can certainly add more checks to the ceilometer.yaml
file and submit them for merge. (feel free to follow up with us if that
doesn't make sense the first time) We actually _just_ finished doing a
ton of work to make it possible to control all of this via git so that
we could let anyone help hack the jenkins jobs that they need.

> I'd like to run tests with tox on the same py26/27 envs but using a
> different set of pip-requires. I found out how to write the tox.ini
> part, but I am not sure how the envlist is controlled on the Jenkins
> side.

It should be easy enough to add a few jobs to your file that will run
the run_tox.sh script with the names of your new environments. Find us
in #openstack-infra and we'll talk you through it.