[Openstack] Signed Tokens

Nguyen, Liem Manh liem_m_nguyen at hp.com
Mon Jun 4 23:15:20 UTC 2012

Looks good, Adam...  I have a couple comments/questions:

1) We probably want to maintain backward-compatibility with the old token auth.  So, PKI can be turned on or off, maybe via a middleware filter that sits in front of the old token auth (instead of a cache for example which does not make sense for PKI anymore).  While PKI comes with benefits, not everyone may want to deal with certificates, etc...  2-way SSL is configurable for this very same reason.

2) I don't know if you have looked at pyopenssl yet?  Maybe a better alternative than spawning processes...

3) Is PKI v3 or v2?  I assume v3, but just want to double-check.  /v2.0 should be /v3.0 if that's the case.

Thanks,
Liem