[Openstack] Adding panel to a dashboard - Horizon

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Mon Jun 4 20:11:06 UTC 2012

My guess would be that your panel module is not being imported anywhere, and thus not ever discovered. There are several ways that discovery can happen:

1.       If your panel module lives inside a dashboard that lists it in the "panels" attribute on the Dashboard class, it will be discovered automatically.

2.       If your panel module lives elsewhere on your Python path you can add it to the list of INSTALLED_APPS in your settings file.

3.       Alternatively, if you import the panel.py file somewhere in your code before the Horizon URL structure is generated, it will also be discovered. A good place to do that is at the top of the site's root urls.py file, or by using the customization_module option described here: http://horizon.openstack.org/topics/customizing.html#modifying-existing-dashboards-and-panels

In the end it comes down to how your codebase is structured. But otherwise your code looks good to me. I'd guess it just needs to get executed.

-          Gabriel