[Openstack] Fwd: Question about cloudfiles API

Shawn Heisey launchpad at elyograg.org
Mon Jun 4 18:49:10 UTC 2012

On 5/30/2012 4:02 PM, Luis Gervaso wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> I discovered in your code:
>
> 1)
>
> properties.put("identity.endp
>
>     oint.publicURL",
>            "http:/testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0
>     <http://testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0>");
>

> here you are using only one slash "http:/". So it's not valid URL.
>
> 2) actually "testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0
> <http://testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0>" is your identity endpoint?
>
> Keystone usually listen on 5000 or 35357

I fixed the URL in my code.  It's still failing, though now it is
failing in a different way.  I am not using keystone, I am using the
plain swift proxy server.  Keystone is not part of the multiserver howto:

http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html

Looking at the docs for keystone, I cannot see how to make it fault
tolerant.  The entire point of trying swift out is fault tolerance, so
if there is no documentation on fault tolerance for keystone, I can't
use it even if I can figure out how to run it.

How do I use the openstack java sdk with the proxy server that I've
already got running?  Is there a different java API that I can use
instead?  I've already determined that the rackspace cloudfiles API is
slow for storing documents.  I am working on a test for retrieving
documents.

Thanks,
Shawn