[Openstack] Single Server Test

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 00:35:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 10:00:37 +1000
Chandana De Silva <chandana at desilva.id.au> wrote:

> I have not worked with OpenStack before this, and want to set up a
> minimal test instance of Open Stack on a single server.
> Is this possible, and if so is there a document which goes through the
> steps ?

I used Fedora Test Day wiki as an outline with success in the past.
It is quite rudimentary, but if you follow the steps exactly, the
result is a somewhat useable Nova, which can be gradually enhanced
(for example, I moved mine from a file image volume group to an
actual LVM volume group).

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-08_OpenStack_Test_Day

Probably not the best way to do it, but just as a suggestion.

-- Pete