[Openstack] Single Server Test

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Mon Jun 4 00:22:10 UTC 2012

On 06/04/2012 01:00 AM, Chandana De Silva wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have not worked with OpenStack before this, and want to set up a minimal test instance of Open Stack on a single server.
>
> Is this possible, and if so is there a document which goes through the steps ?
>
> If there is not, could some one give me a (very brief ) outline, or at least a series of links to existing docs in the correct order ?
>
> I need to do this on a Centos 6.2 host, as that is the target deployment platform.

This is possible. It's even possible to install within a VM. Details here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL

Note the upstream OpenStack docs are also in the process of
being updated with Centos specific information.
It would be preferable to use those docs if possible,
and cross reference with the link above.
The upstream docs are available as a review commit at present:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7431/
Anne (CC'd) may have a preview pdf available for easier consumption.

cheers,
Pádraig.