[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jul 27 08:48:09 UTC 2012

Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
> In my fantasies for the Grizzly release it would start something like:
>
> A. Grizzly Summit
>
> B. From the summit the Tech Committee & PTL have community consensus
> on the overarching goal for the release and the projects' goals.
> Articulated online in user friendly manner.
>
> C. Webinar / OpenStack User Groups get a presentation on the release
> goals, and channels for input and participation.
>
> D. About the half way point in release schedule, development adjusts
> the online communication to reflect reality, presents an update, and
> again channels for input and participation.
>
> How do things work today?  I haven't found much in the wiki.

Currently we publicly track and adjust release goals through the series
blueprints in Launchpad (for example:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/folsom for Quantum). You can
see a combined view for all Folsom at:
http://wiki.openstack.org/releasestatus/ . The plan is initially seeded
by the PTLs after the design summit, then continuously adjusted to
reflect reality (with a status update every week at the Project &
Release status meeting).

These public plans can then be used by anyone who wants to present them
in webinars or user group meetups, and anyone is free to comment on them
and provide input.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack