[Openstack] quota question

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Jul 20 15:56:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 15:59 +0100, Kiall Mac Innes wrote:
> But - what about making quotas pluggable, like the scheduler?

They are; see the "quota_driver" configuration option.  However…

> This would allow for even more complex quotas, like limiting the
> number of SSD backed instances across the entire cloud per tenant,
> while still keeping the core implementation lean.

As Eoghan points out, a lot more context would need to be provided than
the current quota system uses, and you'd end up with something
considerably more complex.

(BTW, I'd like to point out the Boson proposal and thread…)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>