[Openstack] vm on compute node cannot connect internet

Xiaolin Zhang zhangxiaolins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:54:33 UTC 2012

Hi Jiaan,

The problem may relates to SNAT iptables set by nova-network. Based on the
description, I guess you have only one nova-network running on Controller.

Please try:

1. add the following line to /etc/nova/nova.conf
--mutil_host=true

2. start a nova-network instance on Compute Node
service nova-network start

3. reboot your instance, to enforce network filters on Controller
nova reboot $id

try to access your vm instance.

*Best Regards,
Xiaolin Zhang*