[Openstack] Can't attach a RBD volume to an instance

Travis Rhoden trhoden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 02:03:11 UTC 2012

Josh,

Thanks so much for the pointers.  I did not figure out that libvirt was
trying to read /etc/ceph/ceph.conf.  It was in fact being denied by
apparmor.  I fixed my problem by editing /etc/apparmor.d/libvirt/TEMPLATE
and adding "/etc/ceph/** r," to the template.  Now it works for newly
spawned VMs.

Again, thanks a lot.

 - Travis