[Openstack] [Nova] The server instance changes from 'shutoff' to 'active' after created an instance snapshot

Yun Mao yunmao at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:57:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

What you describe seems like a bug. If the VM is running when you do
snapshot, the VM will be temporarily suspended, snapshotted, then
resumed. But if the VM is off when you do snapshot, the VM should
remained to be off after the snapshot, not to be set back to the
ACTIVE state. Would you mind filing a bug at launchpad? Thanks,

Yun