[Openstack] Don't bypass code-review.

Jason Kölker jkoelker at rackspace.com
Tue Jul 10 18:55:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 13:52 -0400, Eric Windisch wrote:
> I've had code reviews sitting out for over a week, looking to fix
> issues with the ZeroMQ driver in openstack-common. I'd love to get it
> fixed, and nudged a couple of people to get the reviews in, but
> figured that it would get in eventually - and if not, I'd prod harder,
> or perhaps someone else that would want to see these problems fixed,
> would help review.  Instead...
>
> Today, I had someone ignore my reviews in progress, push his own
> review, and even APPROVED his own review.
>
> What the hell?
>
> Review in question:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/9594/
> (My) Reviews in progress:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-common+branch:master+topic:bug/1021459,n,z

Jenkins was failing to merge *ANY* code reviews for openstack-common.
The root of the dependency tree of your patch sets is insufficient to
make the test suite pass. The set of patches needed to go in in one
commit. I was ping'd on IRC to check into the tests that were failing
when the build hosts got pyzmq installed on them by another patch set.

I'm sorry that I bypassed the code review, but in light of nothing
getting through due to the ZeroMQ tests being broken to begin with,
there was not much I could do. The RPC bits got added in prior to test
gating, and further these tests only trigger when pyzmq is installed.

I am also to blame for ZeroMQ to be broken to begin with since I +2'd
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8372/ when it was imported from which I
should have been vigilant now that I look at it closer since the commit
states that the tests in nova also failed.

If you would like, squash all your commits down to 1 commit so the test
suite will pass, and combine that with the revert. This will allow us to
proceed forward.

That's the hell.

Happy Hacking!

7-11