[Openstack] [Openstack-Common] RPC

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Jul 10 15:29:33 UTC 2012

> In addition to this I have a few additional questions and or concerns:
> 1. When we import code from openstack common the test cases for the
> modules are not imported (maybe I missed something with running setup).
> When the code is copied the imports are updated. It would be nice to
> know that the auto tests are also run in the context of the project
> importing the code.

As Russell said, the tests inside common are intended to ensure independent functionality of the features within common. There should be tests in your own project that test your project's use of RPC. There has been some discussion on having integration tests for common test official openstack projects for compatibility/breakages.

You might also want to look at and contribute to the thread "best practices for merging common into specific projects".
> 2. I based my integration on the patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/9166/. A number of files were missing.
> Should this have specifically mentioned the missing files or should the
> rpc part have taken care of this?

Are you concerned that the RPC module itself has dependencies on openstack-common which are not being automatically resolved and included when you run update.py?

Regards,
Eric Windisch