[Openstack] [Openstack-Common] RPC

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 15:15:42 UTC 2012

On 07/10/2012 11:03 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> 1. When we import code from openstack common the test cases for the
> modules are not imported (maybe I missed something with running setup).
> When the code is copied the imports are updated. It would be nice to
> know that the auto tests are also run in the context of the project
> importing the code.

Copying code isn't a long term thing.  Anyway, I'm not sure why the
tests would help.  The unit tests are by design completely isolated to
the code being copied in.

For what you want, I would write some quantum specific tests that
exercise code paths that hit the RPC APIs.

> 2. I based my integration on the patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/9166/. A number of files were missing.
> Should this have specifically mentioned the missing files or should the
> rpc part have taken care of this?

I don't think I understand your question.  If you add "rpc" to
openstack-common.conf, and then run the update.py tool in
openstack-common, it should pull in everything.

--
Russell Bryant