[Openstack] Openstack Baremetal Provisioning

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:57:05 UTC 2012

Hi-

Thanks a lot for the reply... This helped me understand a bit more.

I have this kind of setup in mind.

  [ ESSEX-1]  <--------------->  [ ESSEX-2 ]  <--------------->  [<---
TILERA HW--->]

   x_86 HW                           x_86  HW
NON  x_86 HW

Nova-Compute                 Proxy-Nova-Compute           New Hardware
Device.

So, change the config in nova.conf in ESSEX-2 server to bare-metal and
tilera specific config makes the nova-compute to proxy-nova-compute.

I have a doubt here, I have an idea on using Nova-compute to bringing up
VM's in ESSEX-2 when its another Nova-compute. But not we have
Proxy-Nova-compute in the ESSEX-2 and we have no VM's here rather we have
new Hardware board to bootup.

How will the Commands from Nova-compute in ESSEX-1 differ to bring up
TILERA HW board using the Proxy-Nova-compute in ESSEX-2 ?

Please kindly help me understand this scenario.

Thanks a lot for the reply...
--
Trinath S.

--