[Openstack] Openstack Baremetal Provisioning

John Paul Walters jwalters at isi.edu
Mon Jul 2 19:24:32 UTC 2012

Hi Trinath,

It's not clear whether the tilera board you're referring to is one of the PCI versions or a stand-alone board (is it in Essex-1?).  We've never setup/tested anything other than the TILEmpower stand-alone board with our bare-metal provisioning service.  That said, in order to make your nova-compute on Essex-2, you need to configure nova.conf as I described earlier: set the connection_type=baremetal, set the baremetal_driver=tilera, and set your path to tile-monitor appropriately.  That's what makes it a proxy node, which is otherwise run as a regular nova-compute.

JP