[Openstack] ZeroMQ RPC Driver - FF-Exception request

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Jan 30 18:25:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Rosa, Andrea <andrea.rosa at hp.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In my opinion there is another point to consider: at this moment it's
> possible, in rabbitmq by auth-mechanism-ssl plugin, to use client and
> server authentication through certificates.
> I don't know 0MQ, so maybe the answer to my question is addressed by 0MQ
> documentation (I'll have a look), but is there some feature to easily
> implement this security feature?

The ZeroMQ driver will neither encrypt nor authenticate packets in the
Essex release. With ZeroMQ, it will be the requirement of the serialization
protocol to manage this. Currently, data is simply pickled. Perhaps for
Folsom we can create a blueprint for the signing & verification of messages.

--
Regards,
Eric Windisch