[Openstack] Openstack Satellite projects

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Feb 28 18:59:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 08:08 -0800, Monty Taylor wrote:
> We've been working on spinning up a second copy of the OpenStack CI
> infrastructure that is intended to be offered for the use of any
> Satellite project without curation or approval (but be completely
> optional - intended to be helpful, not annoying) We're calling it
> StackForge at the moment (if you don't like the name, blame Jesse, he
> thought of it ... but if you like it, give me credit for absolutely no
> good reason)

so if I understand correctly, StackForge will not provide a tool for
keeping the list of useful projects that can be used by OpenStack. Is
that correct?

I'm trying to understand better the needs here in order to scope out a
project, assign resources and get something useful for the community.

At the moment we have a page that lists some projects
http://openstack.org/Projects/. That's probably becoming too long now,
though and hard to use or update. What would be considered more useful?

thanks
/stef