[Openstack] Docs: nova-manage network create FAILURE

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:23:14 UTC 2012

--flat_interface (for flatdhcp mode)
Doesn't work.

Either the docs is wrong or the software.
When I set "--flat_injected option", nova fails to work.

root at nova-server1:~# nova-manage
Usage: nova-manage [options]

nova-manage: error: --flat_injected option does not take a value

See:
Docs: (compute) FlatDHCP disallows IP injection
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/941978

Proposed fix:
Remove "--flat_injected=False" altogether from FlatDHCP docs.
Or it should work without options ?
According to my understanding, only Flat mode has IP injection, while
FlatDHCP does not.

Is this correct ?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
> Good explanation, thanks Vish.
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/diablo/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-flat-dhcp-networking.html
> has the --flat_interace requirement, and
> http://docs.openstack.org/diablo/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-vlan-networking.html
> describes the --vlan_interface requirement.
>
> Thanks for asking Alexey. We can edit the page with the nova-manage
> network create command also.

Problem is:

Networking described in Chapter: "Configuring Multiple Compute Nodes",
which comes *after* Chapter: "Setting Up OpenStack Compute Environment
on the Compute Node"

So it fails.

Moreover:
"Configuring Multiple Compute Nodes" needs
an example of what this looks like with real values entered.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"