[Openstack] Nova VMware support improvements

Sateesh Chodapuneedi sateesh.chodapuneedi at citrix.com
Thu Feb 23 13:33:46 UTC 2012

>> Also, on http://nova.openstack.org/vmwareapi_readme.html it mentions nova.network.vmwareapi_net for vlan networking support, but it doesn't appear to actually exist in the code - am I missing something?
You are correct, vmwareapi_net.py is removed sometime back when hypervisor driver api (xenapi or vmwareapi) specific network interface drivers are introduced and new flags  ("xenapi_vif_driver" for xenapi & "vmware_vif_driver" for vmwareapi. I have reported a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/939480) and proposed the updated documentation for upstream merge.

Regards,
Sateesh

"This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message."