[Openstack] Remove Zones code - FFE

Armando Migliaccio Armando.Migliaccio at eu.citrix.com
Wed Feb 15 14:48:54 UTC 2012

I am a bit lost...what has size got to do with relationship?

I would disagree with this, maybe if you could elaborate a bit more...

To me an availability zone is a partition of the infrastructure that can fail as a whole. I increase the reliability of my cloud app by deploying across multiple availability zones. To this aim, I would keep an availability zone as small as possible. A zone is for load balancing on a large (geographical) scale. I can scale my cloud app horizontally by deploying it in multiple zones.

This way of arranging a cloud app would imply the following options:

a) zones contains availability zones
b) zones and availability zones are arranged in a grid

but to me a) is way easier to understand.