[Openstack] Any block storage folks interested in getting together?

heut2008 heut2008 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 02:36:49 UTC 2012

hi,all
   to be first,I am not to be proficient in filesystem and storage,so what
I say may not correct,forgive me.
  to realize EBS like amazon, openstack first use LVM,through iSCSI
PROTOCOL,so we can use remote
storage as block devices.and other problem is snapshot,the ideal situation
is we can make snapshots which
only record the added data.and every snapshot can be deleted without warry
about othe snapshots.also, snapshots can be stores in any s3 like
distributed storage system.
what I want to say is how about use qemu-nbd or an  implementation of nbd
PROTOCOL.because we can
 use qenu-nbd feture of rebae and commit to make snapshots more flexable,a
remaining problem may be
the date read/write rate.
any feedback is appricate^_^.