[Openstack] Howto Nova setup with HA?

Major Hayden major.hayden at rackspace.com
Tue Feb 14 13:34:27 UTC 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 2:07 AM, i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem wrote:

> So, we can run MySQL in master-master mode on multiple hosts, we can run nova-api on serveral hosts and load balance those and RabbitMQ has a cluster ha setup as well but is this the way to go? I can't find a clear answer to this. I am hoping one can shine some light on this!

If you want to make things a little simpler, an active/passive MySQL setup with pacemaker, corosync, and DRBD will work quite well.  ClusterLabs has a pretty decent howto on their site:

  http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/DRBD_MySQL_HowTo

As for RabbitMQ clustering, I worked with it for several days and had quite a few problems with data consistency and availability.  We eventually settled on the "legacy" H/A method for RabbitMQ using pacemaker and DRBD.  There's a pretty good walkthrough on RabbitMQ's site:

  http://www.rabbitmq.com/pacemaker.html

--
Major Hayden