[Openstack] Creating boot-from-volume capable image and volume

Tomoe Sugihara tomoe at midokura.com
Sat Feb 11 04:51:43 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Could someone tell me what is the right way to do boot-from-volume?
Especially, how to create boot-from-volume capable image and volume?
My understanding is that, since openstack API requires imageRef, we
need to pass in both image and volume ids.

I thought that create_image in EC2 API would be the one and tried, but
it's totally broken now:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/923546
And, I didn't find equivalent code in OpenStack API.

I'd appreciate any help on this and I'd be happy to help debug the issue.

Cheers,
Tomoe