[Openstack] Wiki content imported into MediaWiki - please check

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Dec 19 10:17:30 UTC 2012

Ryan Lane wrote:
> [...]
>     * <<TableOfContents>>: we used that macro on a lot of pages -- but I
>     guess we could abandon them
>
> This is a simple search and replace. I can install an extension to let
> us search/replace across all pages. MediaWiki creates a TOC by default
> if a page has three headings or more. It can be forced using
> __FORCETOC__. It can be force removed using __NOTOC__.

That's probably sane by default. Thanks for the pointer.

>>     I fear we are more than just a couple of days away from being able to
>>     migrate content in a "mostly agreeable" way, but you're the expert :)
>
> I meant the content being agreeable, not the style and such. Wiki
> migrations often take months, not days. After the switchover we can have
> a sprint to fix the most glaring issues.
>
> That said, I'm willing to push the migration back if needed. Waiting on
> a theme is worth pushing it back for.

I think it would be good to have the following set up before we move:
* OpenStack theme -- volunteers ?
* Cleaned up main page -- I may have a shot at this one
* Root-served articles (to avoid breaking links) -- Ryan
* Access control on protected pages -- Ryan

Then we can work post-migration (in a sprint or in the following
days/weeks) on various conversion issues on sub pages:
* Table issues
* Link issues
* Image inclusions
* etc.