[Openstack] Can somebody offer some help regarding Keystone interaction with LDAP in Essex?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:57:59 UTC 2012

Make sure you're specifying a tenant (e.g. OS_TENANT_NAME) in order to
receive authorization (e.g. the admin role) to perform nova list. You can
debug the authn/authz process using "keystone token-get" (this doc is for
folsom, but should work for essex, although the arguments may have changed,
check "keystone --help"):

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/verifying-identity-install.html

If you're running into issues between your LDAP schema and what keystone
Essex expects, it's worth pointing out that keystone became a lot more
flexible in terms of LDAP configuration in Folsom.

-Dolph