[Openstack] nova-compute not starting

Joe Warren-Meeks joe.warren.meeks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:07:52 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

You think you have Openstack working, then you cough and it all breaks.

I'm getting the following error when trying to start nova-compute after a
reboot of the compute node (to install non-related patches)

libvirtError: Domain not found: no domain with matching name
'instance-0000002a'

Now, I've dumped all the DBs to disk and grepped through it for '00002a'
and grep -R'ed /etc/ and /var/

I can't find any reference to that anywhere, but it is causing nova-compute
to fail to start.

Anyone know how to fix that? If not, anyone know a cloud platform that
isn't made from very thin glass, pre-shattered for your pleasure?

 -- joe.