[Openstack] Something horribly wrong with NFS

Marco CONSONNI mcocmo62 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:11:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

some more information for further investigation on the "horrible behavior".

The phenomenon seems to be related to the concurrent access of the shared
file system.

In fact, in my NFS deployment I noticed that problems started when a new VM
was booted on a node different from the one where the already running VMs
were booted (see the scheduling policy I briefly mentioned in my previous
e-mail).

Let me describe what I experimented:

1) I launched Vm1 and it started to Node1
2) I launched Vm2 and it started to Node1

8) I launched Vm8 and it started to Node1

<< at this point Node1 was full >>

9) I launched Vm9 and it started to Node2

<< at this point the cloud was stuck (I couldn't start new VMs and the
already running VMs didn't perform properly) >>

The only action I was able to do was to delete VMs.

Hope it helps,
Marco,